Robert D. Amundson
Graphic Artist and Product Designer
- Successful blend of computer design and production experience combined with solid management background in a variety of settings.
- Customer-oriented professional with a reputation for service, satisfaction, and results.
- Proven ability to manage multiple tasks, projects, and assignments simultaneously.
- Creative troubleshooter able to quickly identify and resolve problems.
- Effective communicator able clearly present complex information to diverse audiences.
- Track record of regular promotions and increasing responsibilities.
- Demonstrated ability of quickly learning and utilizing new methods, systems, and technologies.
- Solid leader able to build and mentor highly diverse, motivated, and productive teams.
- Respected by customers, employers, and associates for vision, follow-through, and commitment to quality.
- Quark Express
Inspirado Design Corporation, Kent, Washington 1999 to 2005
DESIGNER - Perform a wide range of custom design functions for the customers of this international tabletop ceramic manufacturer. Key customers include Eddie Bauer, Costco, Sears, FTD.com, Ross, Fred Meyer. One of my designs sold to Costco was 400,000 units and
was a 2 million dollar sale. Confer with marketing and sales teams to identify customer needs, styles, and trends.
Conceive of and prepare designs for review. Maintain ongoing communication with corporate HQ in Hong Kong to assure cost and quality compliance. Present prototypes to customers for feedback and incorporate appropriate color/technique changes.
Regularly meet with customer buyers to develop long-range plans and programs. Actively participate in international trade shows to present new designs and identify industry directions and trends. Create original designs for general presentation and marketing. Recognized for consistently creating popular designs with few customer changes and resulting in high sales volumes.
Pele's Fire/Uncommon Art, Seattle, Washington 2000 to 2001
PRODUCTION LAB MANAGER - Selected to create and manage the production department of this start-up fine art digital reprint company. Designed workflow as well as production policies and procedures. Scheduled, trained and supervised technician team. Facilitated regular production meetings. Additionally, performed various technical and production functions including scanning artists' transparencies utilizing a drum scanner, color correction, saving 500mb files to server, and test printing for artists' approval. Consistently achieved approval with minimal rework.
Used Roland six-color printer for large format output. Prepared images for company's web page. Streamlined processes utilizing PhotoShop, which dramatically reduced processing time, reducing labor costs and expediting production schedules.
VIP Studios, Seattle, Washington
WEB PAGE MAINTENANCE - Weekly updated auto dealership web pages and
uplaoded images for company's web page.
Design Examples page 2
Lake Washington Technical College, Kirkland, Washington 1998 to 1999
INSTRUCTOR - While still a student, selected to teach the Painter class following the sudden departure of the existing Instructor. Prepared lesson plans, assignments, and tests. Graded tests as well as overall performance. Resolved Mac operating and software problems. Received excellent feedback on quality of instruction resulting in selection to teach additional classes in Freehand as well as Mac/OS and Prepress.
Images from my greeting card company.
Please contact me and I will send you my portfolio on CD.